Today’s Current Affairs: 11th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
RBI raises monetary ceiling of gold loans for UCBs:
- In order to remove difficulties faced by the Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs), the Reserve Bank of India ( RBI ) has raised the monetary ceiling of gold loans for UCBs from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 4 lakh.
Outlook Money 40After40:
- Outlook Group announced the launch of its highly anticipated retirement planning event, “40After40,” in association with IDFC FIRST Bank.
- This two-day event and expo will take place at the Jio World Convention Centre in Mumbai on January 23-24, 2024.
Largest Church in the World:
- St. Peter’s Basilica holds the title of largest church in the world which is located within Vatican City with the height of 137 meters (450) feet and a dome of diameter 41 meters (136 feet).
Operation Iron Sword:
- Israel has given this code name Operation Iron Sword to the ongoing fight against Hamas
Richest Indian according to Hurun India Rich List 2023:
- Mukesh Ambani is the richest Indian.
- Among the list of 167 billionaires in India, Mukesh Ambani is the Richest Man in India with the net worth of $90.8 B.
- He is currently World’s 13th richest person.
MoCA Unveils Digital System for Automatic Issuance of Exporter Status Certificates:
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal, Ministry of Commerce & Industry (MoCI), launched a new initiative for issuing system-based automatic ‘Status Holder’ certificates under the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) 2023.
- The initiative was launched during the meeting with Export Promotion Councils.
BIAL sets up South Asia’s 1st Aircraft Recovery Training School in BLR Airport:
- Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) has established South Asia’s first Aircraft Recovery Training School (ARTS) on the premises of Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru (KIAB/BLR Airport) in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Star Health Insurance introduces Surrogacy Cover and Oocyte Donor Cover:
- Star Health and Allied Insurance introduced surrogacy cover and oocyte donor cover to its women-centric policy namely Star Women Care Insurance Policy at no extra charge for policyholders.
IIFCL Sanctions Loans Worth Rs 8,800 crore to Boost Civil Aviation Infrastructure:
- India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited (IIFCL) has sanctioned loans worth Rs 8,800 crore for airports and civil aviation infrastructure development in India.
- The IIFCL has already sanctioned loans of around Rs 4,000 crore.
Nobel Prize in Economics 2023:
- Professor Claudia Goldin of Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, the United States of America (USA) won the 2023 Nobel Economics Prize, formally known as the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel, for her research contributions to the understanding of women’s roles and outcomes in the labour market.
- Claudia Goldin is the 55th recipient of the Economic Science Prize since its inception in 1969.
Nandini Azad Re-elected to Board of International Raiffeisen Union:
- Nandini Azad, President of the Indian Co-operative Network for Women (ICNW) and the Working Women’s Forum (WWF) (India), has been re-elected as a member of the International Raiffeisen Union (IRU) Board for the 2nd term.
Epithemis wayanadensis: New Dragonfly Species:
- The new species, also known as “Red-rumped Hawklet”, is given the scientific nomenclature “Epithemis wayanadensis”.
- It is named after its habitat “the Wayanad plateau”, situated among the biodiverse Western Ghats.
India Finishes Fourth in the Hangzhou Asian Games 2022 :
- India finished Fourth in the medal tally of the Hangzhou Asian Games 2022 with 107 medals (28 gold, 38 silver and 41 bronze).
World Day Against the Death Penalty 2023
- World Day Against the Death Penalty is annually observed across the globe on October 10 to raise awareness about the inhumane and cruel practice of capital punishment and the need to get rid of the death penalty from the justice systems.
- 10th October 2023 marks the observance of the 21st World Day Against the Death Penalty.
108 ft Statue of Adi Shankaracharya at Omkareshwar:
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Chief Minister(CM) of Madhya Pradesh(MP) unveiled a 108-feet-tall statue of 8th-century Vedic scholar and teacher Adi Guru Shankaracharya, on the Mandhata hillock in Omkareshwar, Khargone district of MP.
- The statue is called as “Statue of Oneness,” depicts Shankaracharya as a 12-year-old child (when he attained knowledge); It symbolize peace and unity.
Dr. Jitendra Singh Launches Digital DARPG in Special Campaign 3.0:
- Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances, and Pensions, initiated Special Campaign 3.0 within the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) under the theme “Digital DARPG.”
8th BRICS ICC 2023:
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is hosting the 8th BRICS International Competition Conference (BRICS ICC) 2023 in New Delhi.
- The conference is themed ‘New Issues in Competition Law and Policy – Dimensions, Perspectives, Challenges’ and is scheduled from 11th to 13th October
International Day of the Girl Child 2023:
- International Day of the Girl Child is celebrated annually on October 11 to raise awareness of the challenges faced by girls around the world and to promote girls’ empowerment and the fulfillment of their human rights.
India’s Gaganyaan Test Vehicle:
- The upcoming “Gaganyaan” Test Vehicle Development flight (TV-D1) promises to be a momentous event in India’s space exploration journey.