Today’s Current Affairs: 13th Dec 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
Former United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon honored with Lifetime Achievement Award:
- Former United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon was honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award at The Power of One Award 2023 ceremony, organised by the Diwali Foundation USA.
Tata Power ties up with Indian Oil to set up 500 EV charging points across India:
- Tata Power will install EV charging points across multiple IOCL retail outlets.
Vyas Samman Award 2023:
- Hindi writer Pushpa Bharati’s 2016 memoir, Yaadein, Yaadein aur Yaadein, has been selected for the 33rd Vyas Samman, 2023.
UN Peacekeeping Mission in Mali ends after 10 years:
- The United Nations ended its 10-year peacekeeping mission in Mali following the government’s request that alleged the force was inadequate to respond to growing violent extremism in the West African nation.
Bhajan Lal Sharma to be the new CM of Rajasthan:
- Bhajanlal Sharma will be the new Chief Minister of Rajasthan. Mr. Sharma was unanimously elected the leader of the BJP Legislative Party in a meeting held at BJP headquarters in Jaipur.
- Diya Kumari and Prem Chand Bairwa have been named as Deputy Chief Ministers.
Khelo India National Para Games:
- Jaspreet Kaur won the paralifting gold medal in the elite 45kg category with an inspired effort of 85kg at the Khelo India National Para Games.
World’s Largest Source of Opium:
- Myanmar has surpassed Afghanistan to become world’s largest source of opium in 2023 after a third consecutive year of expanding cultivation fueled by the country’s civil war, the United Nations said in a new report.
RITES and CFM Mozambique ink deal for 10 diesel locomotives:
- State-owned RITES Ltd announced it has signed a pact with CFM Mozambique for the supply of diesel locomotives and incidental services at a total cost of USD 37,680,080 (Rs 314.1 crore
State’s Finances: RBI Report
- The report mentioned that the improvements by the state in their finances in the financial year 2021-2022, were sustained even in the current financial year 2022-2023.
- The State’s combined gross fiscal deficit (GFD) stood at 2.8 percent of the gross domestic product
Intellect signs ₹80-crore deal with Indian Bank to deploy Cash Management System:
- Intellect Design Arena Ltd, a global leader in cloud-native FinTech solutions, announces a landmark ₹80 crore, five-year deal with Indian Bank, reinforcing the bank’s commitment to corporate banking modernization.
Poonawalla Housing Finance Becomes Grihum Housing Finance:
- This transformation comes as TPG Capital Asia acquired a substantial 99.02% equity stake in the company from Poonawalla Fincorp earlier this year.
Lok Sabha Approves Additional Spending of ₹58,378 Crore in Current Fiscal:
- The Lok Sabha has given its approval for a net additional spending of ₹58,378 crore in the ongoing fiscal year, set to conclude in March 2024.
National Inflation Average in November:
- Nine states in India experienced a higher rate of inflation compared to the national average, according to recent data.
- The average cost of living for Indian consumers rose by 5.55% compared to the same period last year.