Today’s Current Affairs: 13th Feb 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
Luxury Train ‘Palace On Wheels’ To Begin Spiritual Journey:
- The Palace on Wheels luxury train is set to embark on a new route, delving into the sacred Indian cities of Ayodhya, Kashi, and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
Defence Minister Unveils The Statue General Bipin Rawat In Dehradun:
- In a memorable event at TonsBridge School in Dehradun, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Uttarakhand’s Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami unveiled a statue of General Bipin Rawat, who was India’s first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS).
Chief Secretary Dulloo Inaugurates 2nd edition of the SARAS Aajeevika Mela:
- Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo inaugurated the 2nd edition of the SARAS Aajeevika Mela, organized by the Jammu & Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM).
Book Maha Swaapnikudu launched by former Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu:
- The recent book release event for ‘Maha Swaapnikudu’ (A Great Visionary) marks a significant moment in the political discourse of India, celebrating the illustrious career of former Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu.
India to Replace Military Personnel with Technical Staff in Maldives:
- This decision comes after negotiations between Indian and Maldivian authorities, with the latter expressing a clear demand for the withdrawal of Indian troops.
Darwin Day 2024:
- Darwin Day is an annual international celebration of Charles Darwin’s life and contributions to science, particularly his theory of evolution by natural selection.
- It is celebrated on 12th February every year.
- This day serves as a reminder of the importance of scientific inquiry, critical thinking, and the ongoing exploration of the natural world.
Abraham Lincoln Birth Anniversary 2024:
- Abraham Lincoln’s birthday is celebrated on February 12th each year to commemorate the birth of the 16th president of the United States
Australia lifts Under-19 Men’s World Cup:
- Australia won the Under 19 Men’s ODI World Cup beating India by 79 runs in the final at Benoni in South Africa. Chasing a target of 254 runs, team India was all out for 174 runs in 43.5 overs.
RBI increases ceiling on fees payable to non-executive directors of banks:
- The RBI has increased the ceiling on fees payable to non-executive directors of banks to 30 lakh rupees per year from the existing level of 20 Lakh rupees.
SWATI(Science for Women-A Technology & Innovation) Portal launched in New Delhi:
- Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India Prof Ajay Kumar Sood launched the “Science for Women-A Technology & Innovation (SWATI)” Portal, aimed at creating a single online portal representing Indian Women and Girls in STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics & Medicine).
International Day of the Arabian Leopard 2024:
- Co-organized by the United Nations Environment Programme and the Permanent Mission of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the United Nations, the event will raise awareness about the critically endangered status of the Arabian Leopard.