Today’s Current Affairs: 13th Jan 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
- It is a major harvest festival celebrated in the northern states of India, especially Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, and Rajasthan.
- It is mainly celebrated by the Sikh community.
- The festival marks the end of the winter solstice and the beginning of the sun’s northward journey.
RBI waives ₹5 crore penalty imposed on Bank of Baroda over shortfall in soiled note remittances:
- The penalty was attributed to a shortfall in soiled note remittances, indicating issues with the handling of notes that had undergone normal wear and tear.
Former CISF Chief Sheel Vardhan Singh Appointed As UPSC Member:
- Sheel Vardhan Singh, the former Chief of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), has been appointed as a member of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
BCCI announces Campa and Atomberg Technologies as official partners for India Home Cricket Season 2024-26:
- The Indian home appliances entity, Atomberg, and the soft drink brand, Campa Cola, have teamed up with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) as central sponsors in a long-term deal for the home series.
Govt appoints Rajay Kumar Sinha as new member finance at IRDAI:
- The appointment is for three years from the date of assumption of charge of the post. Sinha at present is the MD and CEO of SBI Capital Markets Limited (SBICAPS).
PFC gets Reserve Bank nod to set up finance company in GIFT City:
- The entity at the International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) will present new business opportunities for PFC and contribute to the growth of the country’s power sector.
Mumbai Trans Harbour Link, India’s longest sea bridge, inaugurated:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the country’s longest bridge over the sea, the 22 km Mumbai Trans Harbour Link, officially the Atal Setu Nhava Sheva Sea Link.
SIPCOT and Singapore Govt Collaborate for India’s First Net-Zero Estate:
- The framework will guide the establishment of a net-zero industrial park, which SIPCOT has plans to design and build in the North of Chennai.
Report Fish Disease’, a mobile app to monitor fish diseases launched:
- This innovative mobile application aims to empower fish farmers with a convenient and efficient platform to report diseases on their farms.
20th India-Japan Coast Guard Exercise:
- Indian Coast Guard ships Shaunak, Shaurya, Sujay, Samudra Paheredar, Rani Abbakka, Annie Besant, C-440, Sagar Anveshika and Matsya Drushti and six aircraft, and Japanese Coast Guard ship Yashima participated in the exercise.
India ranks 80th in the Henley Passport Index:
- India’s position is a slight improvement from the previous year when it was ranked 84.
- France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Singapore, and Spain jointly topped the list.