Today’s Current Affairs: 16th Jan 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
Pixxel opens new spacecraft manufacturing facility in Bengaluru:
- The new facility holds significance as it targets to launch six satellites this year and 18 more by 2025, further advancing its mission of building a “health monitor” for the planet.
Reliance Industries sells REC Solar Norway to Elkem ASA for $22 million:
- REC Solar Holdings AS, a step-down wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), has informed that it has, on January 14, 2024, entered into a share purchase agreement with Elkem ASA for the sale of its 100% equity stake in REC Solar Norway AS for an aggregate cash consideration of USD 22 million.
- India’s trade deficit in December narrowed to a three-month low of $19.8 billion amid an import slowdown due to falling commodity prices.
- Merchandise exports during the month grew 0.97% over a year earlier to $38.45 billion, contrary to the trend of a slowdown so far this financial year according to data by the Commerce Ministry.
National Startup Day 2024:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced January 16, the foundation day of Startup India, as National Startup Day
Mahindra Group, Ontario Teachers’ co-sponsor InvIT in renewable energy space:
- Mahindra Group and global institutional investor Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board have co-sponsored an infrastructure investment trust (InvIT) holding assets of 1.54 GW in the renewable energy space in India.
Multidimensional poverty: NITI Aayog paper
- 248.2 million Indians are projected to have come out of multidimensional poverty between 2013-14 and 2022-23, according to the latest NITI Aayog discussion paper titled ‘Multidimensional Poverty in India since 2005-06’
Denmark’s King Frederik X Takes Throne As Mother Abdicates:
- Denmark’s King Frederik X acceded to the throne on Sunday, ushering in a new era after his mother Queen Margrethe abdicated, with more than 100,000 Danes turning out for the unprecedented event
RBI releases draft norms for fintech self-regulatory organizations:
- The Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI’s) draft norms for self-regulatory organisations for the fintech sector (SRO-FT) has proposed that such entities should have a robust IT infrastructure and the ability to deploy technological solutions within a reasonable timeframe.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has proposed enhanced requirements of liquid assets:
- Deposit-taking housing finance companies (HFCs) will have to maintain 15% liquid assets against public deposits held by them, up from a stipulated 13%
PM Modi Releases First Instalment to 1 Lakh PMAY-G Beneficiaries:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday released the first installment to one lakh beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) under Pradhan Mantri Janjati Adivasi Nyaya Maha Abhiyan (PM-JANMAN
54th World Economic Forum Summit Begins in Davos, Switzerland:
- The 54th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum has begun today at Davos, Switzerland.
- The theme of the conference is Rebuilding Trust, emphasizing the focus on exploring the opportunities enabled by the new technologies and their implications on decision-making and global partnership
EazyDiner IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card:
- The credit card offers an additional discount of ₹500 while paying through the EazyDiner App via PayEazy for both dining and takeaway at select restaurants.
First player to feature in 150 T20Is:
- India skipper Rohit Sharma on January 14 became the first player in the history of cricket to play 150 T20 internationals when he featured in the second T20 match against Afghanistan at the Holkar Stadium in Indore.
US Air Force Officer Madison Marsh Becomes First Active-Duty Winner Of Miss America 2024:
- In a groundbreaking moment, Second Lt. Madison Marsh, an officer in the U.S. Air Force, was crowned Miss America, marking the first time an active-duty service member has clinched this prestigious title, as confirmed by the Air Force.
Kerala Launches Operation AMRITH:
- The Kerala Drug Control Department has taken a proactive step to combat the growing threat of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) through Operation Amrith (Antimicrobial Resistance Intervention For Total Health).
Indian President Inaugurated 5th Meghalaya Games:
- The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu, inaugurated the 5th Edition of the Meghalaya Games in Tura, Meghalaya.