Today’s Current Affairs: 18th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
PM Modi unveils long term blueprint for India’s maritime economy:
- These initiatives are aligned with the ‘Amrit Kaal Vision 2047’ for the Indian maritime blue economy.
Beneficiaries of the Ujjwala scheme:
- In a heartwarming Diwali gesture, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced a special gift for the beneficiaries of the Ujjwala scheme.
Yuvraj Singh’s Fastest Fifty Record:
- In a remarkable display of power hitting, Ashutosh Sharma, a middle-order batter for the Railways cricket team, broke Yuvraj Singh’s record for the fastest fifty by an Indian.
MeitY Secretary inaugurated RPA Lab in NIELIT Gorakhpur:
- This state-of-the-art lab, funded by the Future Skill PRIME Project, aims to upskill the workforce in RPA, bridging the gap between industry and academia.
This Year’s Ayurveda Day Theme will be ‘Ayurveda for One Health’:
- This year’s Ayurveda Day will be celebrated on an international scale, with participation from approximately 100 countries around the world.
- The theme for the celebration is ‘Ayurveda for One Health’.
IGNCA’s Film ‘Looking for Challan’ Garners Prestigious National Film Award:
- Looking for Challan,’ a moving film produced by the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) and directed by Bappa Ray, has achieved the esteemed National Film Award in the ‘Best Investigative Film’ category.
MoEF&CC launches Green Credit Program & Ecomark Scheme:
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) launched 2 new initiatives, Green Credit Program (GCP) and the Ecomark Scheme to encourage sustainable practices rooted in tradition and conservation and promote the ideas of ‘LiFE’ – ‘Lifestyle for Environment’ movement.
NSDC & Coca-Cola India Partners to launch Super Power Retailer Program:
- The New Delhi, Delhi-based National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), working under the aegis of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has partnered with Coca-Cola India to launch the Super Power Retailer Program under the Skill India Mission.
- This will empower the retailer community in the states of Odisha and Uttar Pradesh (UP).
East Coast Sagar Kavach 02-23:
- East Coast Sagar Kavach 02-23, a two-day comprehensive Coastal Security Exercise was conducted in Andhra Pradesh(AP), Tamil Nadu(TN) and Puducherry(PY) to assess the efficacy and robustness of the coastal security system in responds to unconventional threats from the sea.
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das receives award for A+ ranking in Global Finance’s Central Banker Report Cards 2023:
- The award was presented during the 30th annual World’s Best Banks Awards ceremony held at Marakesh, Morocco.
- Shaktikanta Das was rated as A+ in Global Finance’s Central Banker Report Cards 2023.
Daniel Noboa Becomes Youngest President Elect of Ecuador:
- Daniel Noboa, a 35-year-old businessman and a member of National Democratic Action, won the 2023 General Election of Ecuador defeating Luisa González of the Citizen Revolution Movement.
Christopher Luxon Elected as the 42nd PM of New Zealand:
- Christopher Luxon has been elected as the 42nd Prime Minister(PM) of New Zealand.
Mohammed Shami Appointed as Brand Ambassador of Puma India:
- Puma India has roped in Indian right-arm fast bowler fast bowler Mohammed Shami Ahmed as its brand ambassador.
- As part of this partnership, Shami will promote Puma’s shoes, clothing, and accessories through various activities and campaigns.
NASA’s Psyche Spacecraft was Launched to Study Metal Asteroid:
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has launched a Psyche Spacecraft to an interplanetary transfer orbit by using SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket from Launch Complex 39a (LC-39a) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida, United States of America (USA).
- After escaping Earth’s gravity, Psyche Spacecraft will use solar electric propulsion to accomplish its six-year journey to the asteroid called ‘Psyche’ which is orbiting the Sun between Mars and Jupiter. .
World White Cane Day 2023:
- World White Cane Day, also known as White Cane Safety Day, is annually observed across the globe on 15th October to promote accessibility and inclusion for people with disabilities and to increase public awareness of the rules of conduct for the visually impaired people.
World Students Day 2023:
- World Students Day is annually observed on 15 October to commemorate the birth anniversary of the 11th President of India and the Missile Man of India Dr. A P J (Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen) Abdul Kalam.