Today’s Current Affairs: 1st Dec 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
Mizoram Governor appoints Lady Air Force Officer as the first woman in India from Armed Forces as Aide de Camp(ADC):
- Mizoram Governor Hari Babu Kambhampati appointed Lady Air Force Officer Squadron Leader Manisha Padhi as the first woman from the Armed Forces to serve as Aide de Camp (ADC) in Raj Bhawan.
Cash Preferred as a Savings Instrument, but Usage Declines as a Payment Medium: RBI Paper
- The paper, titled “Cash versus Digital Payment Transactions in India: Decoding the Currency Demand Paradox,” says that cash continues to be preferred as a savings instrument due to its ‘store of value’ and for precautionary purposes.
- As the economy grows, the demand for cash will increase, says the paper.
Tata Advanced Systems & Satellogic Ink Deal To Build LEO Satellites In India:
- Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL) and Satellogic Inc. have signed a strategic contract to build low earth orbit (LEO) satellites in India.
ISRO Scientist V R Lalithambika Conferred Highest French Civilian Award:
- V R Lalithambika, former Director of the Directorate of the Human Spaceflight Programme, ISRO, was conferred the top French civilian honor of Legion d’Honneur for her engagement in space cooperation between France and India
American Chip Maker AMD Inaugurates Its Largest Global Design Centre In India:
- The US-based semiconductor company AMD inaugurated its largest global design center in Bengaluru, as part of the $400 million India investment announced by the company in July
India Procures 16 Upgraded Super Rapid Naval Gun Systems For Indian Navy:
- The Ministry of Defence signed a contract with M/s Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), for the procurement of 16 Upgraded Super Rapid Gun Mounts (SRGM) along with associated equipment and accessories for the Indian Navy under the Buy (Indian) category at a total cost of ₹2956.89 Cr.
Odisha Pavilion bags award at IITF-2023:
- The Odisha Pavilion has won a gold medal for the best pavilion in the 42nd edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) in New Delhi.
Gold Medal to Ministry of Ayush for excellent performance at India International Trade Fair:
- The Ministry of Ayush has been awarded the Gold Medal by the ‘India Trade Promotion Organization’ for its excellent performance in the ‘Ministries and Departments category of the Indian International Trade Fair.
Safeena Husain, Founder of Educate Girls, honored with the WISE Prize for Education:
- Safeena Husain, Founder of Educate Girls, has been awarded the prestigious WISE Prize for Education at the WISE 11 Summit
Vision India @2047’ being prepared for ‘Viksit Bharat’: NITI Aayog CEO:
- NITI Aayog CEO BVR Subrahmanyam said a vision document is being prepared for India to become a developed economy of about USD 30 trillion by 2047.
Cabinet approves Pradhan Mantri Janjati Adivasi Nyaya Maha Abhiyan:
- The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Shri Narendra Modi has approved Pradhan Mantri Janjati Adivasi Nyaya Maha Abhiyan (PM JANMAN) with a total outlay of Rs.24,104 crore
Cabinet approves Central Sector Scheme for providing Drones to the Women Self-Help Groups:
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Central Sector Scheme for providing Drones to the Women Self Help Groups (SHGs), with an outlay of Rs. 1261 Crore for the period from 2024-25 to 2025-26.
Somali refugee wins U.N. award for efforts to educate displaced children:
- A former Somali refugee intent on bringing books and education to his compatriots languishing in sprawling camps in Kenya was named the winner of the UN refugee agency’s prestigious Nansen Award.
Nepal becomes first South Asian nation to register same-sex marriage:
- Nepal formally registered the first case of same-sex marriage, five months after the Supreme Court issued an interim order clearing the way for such marriages in the largely conservative country.
India’s Q2 GDP Soars to 7.6%:
- India’s economy experienced a remarkable growth of 7.6% during the July-September quarter of the fiscal year 2023-24 (Q2FY24)
Angkor Wat Becomes the 8th wonder of the world:
- Angkor Wat, located in the heart of Cambodia, has recently earned the prestigious title of the 8th wonder of the world, surpassing Italy’s Pompeii.
- This UNESCO World Heritage Site is not only the largest religious structure in the world but also a testament to architectural brilliance and cultural significance.
Worlds AIDS Day 2023:
- December 1, marks as the World AIDS Day 2023 which is observed annually since 1988, serving as a crucial occasion to raise awareness about HIV/ AIDS, commemorate those who have lost their lives to AIDS-related illnesses and show solidarity with people living with HIV.
- The theme for World AIDS Day 2023, “Let Communities Lead!”