Today’s Current Affairs: 21st Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
Hyderabad will host EPrix 2024 Season:
- Hyderabad EPrix for its second edition, scheduled for February 10, 2024.
- Amidst initial concerns, Hyderabad has been secured a spot in the tenth season of the Formula E championship, offering fans a thrilling competition with 16 rounds.
National Police Commemoration Day 2023:
- Every October 21, we remember and honor the brave police officers who sacrificed their lives to protect our nation.
- This day, known as Police Commemoration Day, stands as a solemn reminder of their dedication and valor.
RBI Approves Kotak Mahindra Bank To Acquire MFI Sonata Finance:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has received the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) approval to acquire 100% stake in micro-lender Sonata Finance.
RBI Inaugurates Sub-Office in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has established a sub-office in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh, bolstering its commitment to financial inclusion and development in the region.
HP Appoints Ipsita Dasgupta as Senior Vice President & MD for India:
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) has announced a significant leadership change with the appointment of Ipsita Dasgupta as the Senior Vice President & Managing Director for its India market.
IBM & MeitY Signed 3 MoUs to Advance AI, Semiconductor & Quantum Innovation in India:
- IBM(International Business Machines Corporation) signed 3 Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) with 3 entities under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to advance and accelerate innovation in Artificial intelligence (AI), Semiconductor, and quantum technology in India.
APIPL Partners NPCI to launch EMIs on RuPay Credit Cards:
- Amazon Pay India Private Limited (APIPL) in partnership with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has introduced the option of Equated Monthly Instalment(EMI) on RuPay credit cards in Amazon Pay.
RBI Starts Wholesale Digital Rupee Pilot in Call Money Market:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) initiated a pilot program for the wholesale segment namely ‘Digital Rupee-Wholesale (e-W)’ of its Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) in the interbank call money market.
- 9 banks, including 4 Public Sector Banks(PSBs) and 5 Private Sector Banks, are part of the e-rupee call money pilot.
IRDAI Mandates Insurance Cover For Employees In Employer’s Vehicle:
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has mandated all general insurers with motor insurance business to provide an inbuilt feature in the Third Party policy (TP) to cover to employees travelling in an employer’s vehicle under IMT. 29 of the Indian Motor Tariff 2002.
Mahsa Amini & The Women of Iran Won the 2023 Sakharov Prize of European Parliament:
- Roberta Metsola, President of European Parliament named Jina Mahsa Amini and Iranian women protest movement as the winners of Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought 2023 (Sakharov Prize), the European Union’s (EU) top human rights prize.
President Appoints Raghubar Das as Governor of Odisha & Indra Sena Reddy Nallu as Governor of Tripura:
- Droupadi Murmu, President of India, has appointed former Chief Minister(CM) of Jharkhand, Raghubar Das as the 26th Governor of Odisha and Telangana Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Indra Sena Reddy Nallu as 20th Governor of Tripura with effect from the date they assume charge.
World Osteoporosis Day 2023:
- World Osteoporosis Day (WOD) is a global awareness campaign annually observed across the globe on 20 October to highlight the importance of Osteoporosis and to raise global awareness of the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of Osteoporosis and related musculoskeletal diseases.
- The theme of 2023 WOD Campaign is ‘Build Better Bones’
Arunachal Pradesh Cabinet Approves Establishment of STPF for Tiger Reserves:
- The Arunachal Pradesh(AR) Cabinet under the chairmanship of Chief Minister(CM) Pema Khandu approved the constitution of the Special Tiger Protection Force (STPF) in three Tiger Reserves of AR namely, Namdapha, Pakke, and Kamlang.
- The STPF is constituted as per the guidelines of the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA).
MeitY Inaugurated UP’s 1st RPA Lab under FutureSkill PRIME Project in NIELIT Gorakhpur:
- S Krishnan, Secretary of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), inaugurated the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Lab in National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh (UP).
‘Gadkari’: A Marathi Biopic of Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari:
- The Marathi film titled ‘Gadkari‘, the biopic of Union Minister Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), is set to release in Cinemas on 27 October 2023.
- The movie is directed by Anurag Rajan Bhusari starring Rahul Chopda as Nitin Gadkari.