Today’s Current Affairs: 23rd Jan 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
India’s Man Singh bags Gold medal at Asian Marathon Championships 2024 in Hong Kong:
- India’s Man Singh claimed the gold medal at the Asian Marathon Championships 2024 with a personal best timing of two hours 14 minutes and 19 seconds in Hong Kong.
Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh launches first batch of VAIBHAV Fellowship:
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh launched the first batch of VAIBHAV fellowship bestowed upon 22 Indian-origin scientists from across the globe.
1 crore households to get rooftop solar system under ‘PM Suryodaya Yojana’ announces Prime Minister:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced the launch of the ‘Pradhan Mantri Suryodaya Yojana’.
JOINT EXERCISE ‘CYCLONE:
- The Indian Army contingent comprising 25 personnel reached Egypt to take part in the 2nd edition of India-Egypt Joint Special Forces Exercise CYCLONE.
- The Exercise will be conducted at Anshas, Egypt from 22nd January to 1st February 2024.
- The 11th edition of India-Kyrgyzstan Joint Special Forces Exercise KHANJAR has commenced at the Special Forces Training School in Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
- The exercise is scheduled to be conducted from 22nd January to 3rd February 2024.
Indian Stock Market Surpasses Hong Kong To Become 4th Biggest Equity Market Globally:
- The combined value of shares listed on Indian exchanges reached USD 4.33 trillion as of Monday’s close, versus USD 4.29 trillion for Hong Kong, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
Central Bank of India plans offer for sale to reduce govt’s stake:
- Public-sector lender Central Bank of India has approached the government with a proposal for an offer for sale (OFS) instead of a fresh issue of equity through routes like qualified institutional placement (QIP) or a rights issue.
RBI clears appointment of Praveen A Kutty as MD of DCB Bank:
- Private sector DCB Bank said the Reserve Bank approved the appointment of Praveen Achuthan Kutty as its Managing Director and CEO.