Today’s Current Affairs: 24th Jan 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
National Girl Child Day 2024:
- National Girl Child Day is celebrated annually on January 24 to highlight the importance of empowering girls and addressing the challenges they face in society.
- The first NGCD was celebrated in 2008 with the theme “Saving our Girls: Educating our Girls”.
International Day of Education 2024:
- The theme for International Day of Education in 2024 is “Learning for lasting peace”. This theme resonates deeply with the current global challenges and emphasizes the role of education in promoting peace and understanding
Hamara Samvidhan, Hamara Samman’ campaign:
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar to inaugurate ‘Hamara Samvidhan, Hamara Samman’ campaign to commemorate 75th Republic Day
Sweden set to become NATO member as Turkey approves its membership bid:
- Turkey’s parliament ratifies Sweden’s NATO membership bid, clearing the biggest remaining hurdle to expanding the Western military alliance after 20 months of delay.
Haryana Tops in 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team, Maharashtra Shines in Rhythmic Gymnastics at Khelo India Games:
- In the Khelo India games today, Haryana won the gold medal and Rajasthan silver in the 10m air pistol mixed team event. Tamil Nadu clinched bronze.
Direct tax-to-GDP ratio:
- The government’s direct tax-to-GDP ratio stood at a 23-year high of 6.11% in FY23, according to data released by the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
CCI approves stake buy in Religare Enterprises by Burman family companies:
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the proposals for stake acquisitions in Religare Enterprises (REL) by four entities controlled by the Burman family members.
14th All India Police Commando Competition Begins in Visakhapatnam:
- The 14th All India Police Commando competition, organized at the A.P. Police Greyhounds training facility, Visakhapatnam began on 22 January 2024.
India business growth at four-month high in January:
- India’s business activity expanded at the fastest pace in four months in January on stronger demand, according to a private survey that also showed input costs rising at the quickest rate since August.
Rohan Bopanna makes tennis history, becomes oldest player to claim No. 1 spot:
- Indian tennis veteran Rohan Bopanna, 43, has made history as the oldest player to reach the men’s doubles tennis World No. 1 spot.
Suryakumar Yadav named ICC T20I Player of the Year for 2023:
- Suryakumar Yadav has been named the T20I Player of the Year for a second consecutive time by the International Cricket Council (ICC), which described him as the “backbone of India’s middle order” in the format.
CCI approves merger of Fincare Small Finance Bank Limited (Fincare) and AU Small Finance Bank Limited (AU):
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the merger of Fincare Small Finance Bank Limited (Fincare) and AU Small Finance Bank Limited (AU).
Petroleum Ministry Approves ONGC’s Green Energy Unit:
- The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has granted approval for the formation of a subsidiary company by the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), dedicated to the green energy and gas sector.
Man Singh Clinches Gold at the Asian Marathon Championships 2024 in Hong Kong:
- The Asian Marathon Championships 2024 marked a historic moment for Indian athletics as Man Singh, a 34-year-old marathon runner from India, clinched the gold medal.