Today’s Current Affairs: 25th Jan 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
National Tourism Day 2024:
- National Tourism Day, celebrated every year on January 25th in India, is a special day to honor the many visitors who come to explore and enjoy our country’s culture, history, and delicious food.
- The theme of National Tourism Day 2024 centers around the theme “Sustainable Journeys, Timeless Memories,” emphasizing the concept of responsible and mindful travel.
Cabinet approves setting up of two coal gasification plants in West Bengal and Odisha with a target of 100 metric tons of coal:
- The Government has approved that Coal India Limited (CIL) will set up two Coal Gasification Plants with a view to achieving the target of 100 MT coal gasification by the year 2030 and to fulfill India’s dual objectives of self-reliance and energy independence.
UNICEF joins hands with NIUA to empower young people for urban governance through civic participation:
- The Urban Youth Unit at NIUA and YuWaah – UNICEF have come into a partnership to solidify their commitment to empowering young people for urban governance.
Investment Forum for Advancing Climate Resilient Agrifood Systems in India Launched:
- NITI Aayog, the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare (MoA&FW), the Government of India, and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations jointly launched the ‘Investment Forum for Advancing Climate Resilient Agrifood Systems in India’ in New Delhi.
Gurgaon-based ACME signs pact with Japan’s IHI to supply green ammonia:
- Gurgaon-based ACME Group signed an offtake term sheet for the supply of green ammonia from its project in Odisha to IHI Corporation, a Japanese-integrated heavy industry company.
The government allows the direct listing of securities by Indian companies on GIFT IFSC:
- The Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance, has amended Foreign Exchange Management (Non-debt Instruments) Rules, 2019, and notified the ‘Direct Listing of Equity Shares of Companies Incorporated in India on International Exchanges Scheme’.
Odisha to set up ‘black tiger’ safari near Similipal:
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced that the state would set up a melanistic tiger safari, a first of its kind in the world.
HDFC becomes 1st bank to hit 2 crore credit cards milestone:
- HDFC Bank, India’s largest private sector bank, said it has become the first lender in the country to achieve the milestone of 20 million credit cards in force.
ICRA revises up bank credit growth estimate to 15% from 13% for FY24:
- Rating agency ICRA has revised upwards its projection of bank credit growth in FY24 to 14.9-15.3%, estimated at an incremental growth of ₹20.4-20.9 lakh crore, from the earlier projection of 12.8-13% equating to a growth of ₹17.5-17.8 lakh crore.
Visakhapatnam Hosts 14th All India Police Commando Contest:
- The 14th edition of the Annual All India Police Commando Competition (AIPCC) began on January 22, 2024 at the Greyhounds Training Centre in Kapuluppada, Visakhapatnam.
Saudi Arabia to Open First Alcohol Store for Diplomats:
- Saudi Arabia is preparing to open its first alcohol store, exclusively for diplomats.
- This significant development represents a notable shift in the Kingdom’s approach to alcohol, which has traditionally been banned under its strict interpretation of Islamic law.
Ravi Shastri, Farokh Engineer Receive Col CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Awards:
- Former India captain and head coach Ravi Shastri expressed his gratitude on January 21, 2024 for being awarded the prestigious Col CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award at a glittering ceremony organized by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).