Today’s Current Affairs: 27th Jan 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
LIC gets nod from RBI to raise HDFC Bank stake to 9.99%:
- HDFC Bank announced that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the Life Insurance Corp. of India (LIC) to acquire an additional 4.8% stake in the country’s largest private sector lender.
- LIC currently holds a 5.19% stake in HDFC Bank.
Four companies get SEBI’s nod to launch IPOs:
- Entero Healthcare Solutions, JNK India, Exicom Tele-Systems, and Akme Fintrade (India) have received markets regulator SEBI’s approval to raise funds through initial public offerings.
Bhavish Aggarwal’s AI startup Krutrim turns unicorn after raising $50 mn:
- Krutrim, an artificial intelligence (AI) venture co-founded by Bhavish Aggarwal of Ola, on Friday announced that it has achieved unicorn status a term used to describe startups valued at $1 billion or above following its inaugural funding round.
First Joint Military Exercise SADA TANSEEQ between India & Saudi Arabia to be held in Rajasthan:
- The joint military exercise SADA TANSEEQ between India and Saudi Arabia will be held from 29 January in Rajasthan.
- The exercise aims to enhance synergy, interoperability, and jointmanship by learning and sharing best practices between the Armies of both nations.
Tata Group, Airbus team up to make helicopters; Thales’ MRO on cards:
- The Tata Group and European aerospace company Airbus have signed an agreement to manufacture H125 civilian helicopters together in India.
Jharkhand govt brings down age for enrolling in pension scheme to 50:
- The Jharkhand cabinet has recently approved the proposal to include all women, tribals, and Dalits above 50 in its old-age pension scheme.
IREDA Releases Vigilance Journal ‘Pahal’:
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA), a Government of India enterprise under the administrative control of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, has unveiled ‘Pahal’ the insightful house journal of its Vigilance Department
Thiruvananthapuram Airport Bags Excellence Award:
- Thiruvananthapuram International Airport has been selected for the prestigious Excellence Award by Quality Circle Forum of India in the recent National Convention on Quality Concepts 2024 in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
Nirmala Sitharaman To Become 2nd FM To Present 6 Consecutive Union Budgets:
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is on the brink of etching her name in history books as she gears up to present her sixth consecutive Budget (Five consecutive annual Budgets and one interim Budget), an unparalleled feat in Indian parliamentary annals.
63rd Central Geological Programming Board (CGPB) Meeting Convened In Bhopal:
- The 63rd gathering of the Central Geological Programming Board (CGPB) took place in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, with Shri V.L. Kantha Rao, Secretary of the Ministry of Mines