Today’s Current Affairs: 27th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
Global Teacher Prize 2023:
- Deep Narayan Nayak, a dedicated teacher from West Bengal, has achieved recognition as one of the top 10 finalists for the prestigious Global Teacher Prize 2023.
FPI offload Indian stocks worth Rs 7702 Cr in year’s biggest single day sell off:
- Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) continued their selling spree in the Indian stock market, while domestic institutional investors (DIIs) emerged as net buyers.
RBI To Impose ₹100 Daily Fine For Credit Bureaus Failing To Resolve Complaints In 30 Days:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has informed lenders, financial institutions, and credit bureaus that they must resolve complaints filed by customers within 30 days or face a fine of ₹100 per day to ensure that customers’ complaints related to credit information are addressed promptly.
Bengaluru Hosts Divya Kala Mela 2023:
- The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) is gearing up to host the extraordinary Divya Kala Mela, an event that spotlights the talents of entrepreneurs and artisans with disabilities from across India.
NFDC Unveils Diverse Non-Feature Film Selection:
- The National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) has unveiled an impressive selection of 12 non-feature film projects for the Co-Production Market at Film Bazaar.
- These projects, hailing from seven countries, are in various stages of development, exploring thought-provoking themes and spanning 17 different languages.
Jamrani Dam Multipurpose Project of Uttarakhand:
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the inclusion of Jamrani Dam Multipurpose Project of Uttarakhand under the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana-Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (PMKSY-AIBP) of Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
One Nation, One Election Website Launched during HLC’s second meeting:
- High-Level Committee (HLC) on One Nation, One Election(ONOE) under the chairmanship of Former President Ram Nath Kovind held its 2nd meeting in New Delhi, Delhi on 25th October 2023.
CCI Secured its 1st Membership in the International Competition Network’s Steering Group for 2 Years:
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) secures membership in the International Competition Network (ICN) Steering Group at the 22nd Annual Conference of the ICN, hosted by the Spanish National Markets and Competition Commission (CNMC) in Barcelona, Spain.
ADB Approves USD 400 Million Loan to Enhance Urban Services in India:
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved USD 400 million policy-based loan to India to enhance the infrastructure quality and provide assured public services and efficient governance systems.
- The loan will be under Sub-programme 2 of ADB’s Sustainable Urban Development and Service Delivery Programme.
Zerodha Fund House Launches Its Maiden Mutual Fund Schemes:
- Zerodha Fund House(ZFH), a joint venture between Zerodha Broking Limited and smallcase Technologies Private Limited, launched its maiden mutual fund schemes Zerodha Nifty LargeMidcap 250 Index Fund and Zerodha ELSS Tax Saver Nifty LargeMidcap 250 Index Fund.
Swarup Mohanty Appointed VC of Mirae AMC; 1st Non-Korean VC of Mirae Asset Financial Group:
- South Korea-based Mirae Asset Financial Group has appointed Swarup Anand Mohanty as the Vice Chairman (VC) of Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) Private Limited (Mirae AMC) with effect form 24th October 2023.
Robert Fico formally appointed as PM of Slovakia:
- The Zuzana Čaputová, President of Slovakia, formally appointed Robert Fico as the Prime Minister (PM) of Slovakia.
- He will succeed Ľudovít Ódor who has been serving as the Interim PM of Slovakia since 15 May 2023 after the resignation of Eduard Heger as PM.
China Launches Shenzhou-17 Manned Spacecraft to Its Space Station :
- China’s Chinese Manned Space Agency (CMSA) has launched its 30th flight mission Shenzhou 17 (also known as “Divine Vessel”) along with three astronauts to the Tiangong Space Station.
- The spacecraft lifted off atop a Long March-2F Y17 carrier rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China.
Skyroot Aerospace Unveils Vikram-I Orbital Space Launch Vehicle:
- Skyroot Aerospace Private Limited unveiled ‘Vikram-I’ orbital space launch vehicle at the newly inaugurated its headquarters ‘The MAX-Q Campus’ located at the GMR Aerospace and Industrial Park in South Hyderabad, Telangana.