Today’s Current Affairs: 29th Jan 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
- India’s Rohan Bopanna and his Australian partner Matthew Ebden win Men’s Doubles title
- Jannik Sinner defeats Daniil Medvedev in the Men’s Singles final and Aryna Sabalenka wins the Women’s Singles
THDC dedicates India’s largest Green Hydrogen pilot project:
- THDC India Limited, a leading Power Sector PSU, has also established a benchmark in Green Hydrogen production, by successfully implementing India’s one of the first pilot projects aligned with the “National Green Hydrogen Mission” on the auspicious occasion of 75th Republic Day.
Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar Chief Minister for record ninth time:
- JD(U) president Nitish Kumar took oath as Chief Minister of Bihar for a record ninth time. Kumar was sworn in by Bihar Governor Rajendra Arlekar at Raj Bhavan.
BOBCARD Limited’ with a ‘Credit Reimagined’ tagline:
- Bank of Baroda’s wholly-owned subsidiary for cards, ‘BOB Financial Solutions Limited’, has been rebranded as ‘BOBCARD Limited’ with the tagline “Credit Reimagined”
Zomato, Stripe secure final RBI nod for online payment aggregator:
- Food-delivery platform Zomato and international financial infrastructure provider Stripe are the latest entities to have received final approval from the regulator to operate as online payment aggregators
Yes Bank becomes the first Indian bank to conduct export finance transactions on RXIL’s ITFS platform:
- Yes Bank became the first Indian bank to execute an export finance transaction on the International Trade Financing Services Platform (ITFS) of RXIL Global IFSC Limited (RXIL), a leading cross-border fintech company registered under the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA).
ISRO To Launch INSAT-3DS Satellite From Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh:
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is set to launch its latest meteorological satellite, INSAT-3DS, marking a significant advancement in India’s space capabilities.
Dr Nitya Anand, man who discovered India’s first oral contraceptive pill ‘Saheli’, passes away:
- Dr. Nitya Anand, who made the first oral contraceptive pill ‘Saheli’ in India, passed away at 99 in Lucknow.
IREDA Unveils Its Vigilance Journal ‘Pahal’:
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA), a Government of India enterprise under the administrative control of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, has taken a remarkable step towards fostering transparency and promoting renewable energy initiatives.