Today’s Current Affairs: 2nd Dec 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
RBI Fines Bank Of America, N.A., HDFC Bank:
- RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 each on Bank of America, N.A. and HDFC Bank Ltd for violation of certain norms.
- The penalty on Bank of America, N.A. has been imposed for violation of the Reserve Bank of India’s instructions on reporting requirements under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme of FEMA 1999.
- Brian Thomas Moynihan, current chairman and CEO of Bank of America
Power Grid conferred SKOCH Gold Award 2023:
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), a Maharatna CPSU under the Ministry of Power, has been conferred the prestigious SKOCH Gold Award 2023.
- The award was given for the Pugalur Thrissur 2000 MW Voltage Source Converter HVDC System
Hindustan Shipyard Ltd bags five SODET Silver Awards:
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd (HSL), a Defence PSU has received five SODET Silver Awards at the National Quality Circles Competition for defence PSUs.
- The event, themed around Innovation, indigenisation and quality, took place at GRSE, Kolkata.
COP28 Kicks Off in Dubai with Visionary Leadership and Urgent Climate Appeals:
- The 28th Conference of the Parties (COP28) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) commenced today in Dubai, marking a pivotal moment in the global fight against the escalating climate crisis.
SBM-GOBARdhan Biogas Conference to be held:
- Acceleration of the Compressed Biogas sector will be high on the agenda of the SBM-GOBARdhan Biogas Conference to be held in New Delhi.
PR Icon Suganthy Sundararaj Receives PRSI National Award for Outstanding Contributions to Healthcare Communications:
- Suganthy Sundararaj, Regional Head, of Public Relations, Apollo Hospitals, has been honoured with the PRSI National Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Public Relations Society of India and the public relations industry.
Cochin Shipyard launches 3 anti-submarine watercraft for Indian Navy:
- The first three ships in the series of eight Anti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Watercrafts under construction in Cochin Shipyard Limited for the Indian Navy were launched at CSL’s Kochi Yard.
SBI MF gets RBI nod to buy 9.99% stake in Karur Vysya Bank:
- The Reserve Bank has given its approval to SBI Mutual Fund (SBI MF) for acquiring up to 9.99% of the paid-up share capital or voting rights of Karur Vysya Bank Ltd (KVB).
CM Pushkar Dhami releases book highlighting PM Modi’s role in transforming disaster management:
- A book which highlights PM Modi’s efforts in bringing about a “paradigm shift” in India’s disaster management was officially released by Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami in Dehradun.
International Day for the Abolition of Slavery 2023:
- Understanding the Historical Context of Slavery The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery, observed annually on December 2nd, marks a significant moment in global history.
GST Collection Rises 15% y-o-y to ₹1.68 Lakh Crore in November:
- India’s Goods and Services Tax (GST) collections for November 2023 surged by an impressive 15% year-on-year, reaching a total of ₹1.68 lakh crore.
- This marks the sixth instance during the ongoing fiscal year that gross GST collections have surpassed the ₹1.60 lakh crore milestone.
Cabinet Approves Terms For 16th Finance Commission:
- The Union Cabinet greenlit the terms of reference for the Sixteenth Finance Commission (SFC).
- In a press briefing on Wednesday, Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur revealed that the chairman and members of the SFC would be appointed “as soon as possible.”
RBI Fines Bank of America, N.A., HDFC Bank:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) took regulatory action on Thursday, imposing penalties on Bank of America, N.A. and HDFC Bank Ltd. for violations of specific norms.
- Additionally, penalties were levied on five cooperatives banks for non-compliance with various regulatory requirements