Today’s Current Affairs: 30th Dec 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
Rahul Rasgotra appointed ITBP chief:
- Intelligence Bureau officer Rahul Rasgotra got the charge of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Nina Singh became the 1st woman to head the Central Industrial Security Force.
- Anish Dayal Singh has been made the Director General of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
RBI tweaks the D-SIB designation methodology and inserts the digital payments aspect:
- The Reserve Bank of India has revised the methodology for designating a bank as a Domestic Systemically Important Bank (D-SIB) by incorporating digital payments, value as well as volumes, under the substitutability indicator in the assessment.
RBI nod for I-Pru AMC and I-Pru Life to acquire 9.95% stake in RBL Bank:
- The Reserve Bank of India has accorded its approval to ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company Ltd. and ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited to acquire an aggregate holding of up to 9.95% of the paid-up share capital or voting rights in RBL Bank Ltd.
India makes first-ever rupee payment for the purchase of crude oil from UAE:
- The world’s third-largest energy consumer, made its first-ever payment in rupees for crude oil purchased from the United Arab Emirates, signaling what could be a strategic push to promote the local currency globally.
RBI reshuffles the classification of domestic systemically important banks; SBI and HDFC Bank move to higher buckets:
- Reserve Bank of India issued its list of Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs), in which it moved the State Bank of India (SBI) and HDFC Bank to higher buckets, while ICICI Bank continues to continue to be in the same bucketing structure as last year.
PLI schemes attracted over Rs 95,000 cr investment till Sep 2023:
- The production-linked incentive (PLI) schemes for 14 sectors have attracted over Rs 95,000 crore in investment till September this year, an official statement said.
Banks log 12.2% growth in FY23, gross bad loans down for 5th year: RBI report
- The consolidated balance sheet of scheduled commercial banks (SCBs) expanded in 2022-23 by 12.2%, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said in its Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India 2022-23, released on December 27.
Reliance Jio joins hands with IIT Bombay to launch Bharat GPT, to bring OS for smart TVs:
- Jio is set to launch its new AI project Bharat GPT, in a joint venture with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay.
- Jio is planning to introduce its AI project across all the segments of its company, stretching across all sectors of society.
ONDC partners with Google:
- Ministry of Commerce-backed e-commerce protocol Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) announced two separate partnerships with Google and Meta, to expand its outreach to small businesses through Google Maps and WhatsApp
Fatah-II guided multi-launch rocket system:
- Pakistan’s military wing Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) claimed it had successfully conducted the flight test of Fatah-II, a guided multi-launch rocket system (MLRS).
RBI extends the Payments Infrastructure Development Fund scheme till 2025:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) scheme till December 31, 2025.
- The scheme was first launched in 2021 for three years.