Today’s Current Affairs: 30th Jan 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
Martyr’s Day 2024:
- Martyr’s Day, also known as Shaheed Diwas or Amar Shaheed Diwas, is observed annually on January 30 to commemorate the martyrdom of Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation, who was assassinated on this day in 1948.
Maratha Military Landscapes of India will be India’s nomination for recognition as UNESCO World Heritage List for 2024-25:
- The twelve parts of this nomination are Salher Fort, Shivneri Fort, Lohgad, Khanderi Fort, Raigad, Rajgad, Pratapgad, Suvarnadurg, Panhala Fort, Vijay Durg, Sindhudurg in Maharashtra and Gingee Fort in Tamil Nadu
Tableau of Ministry of Culture secures first prize at Republic Day Parade 2024:
- The tableau, a stunning blend of tradition and innovation, captivated audiences with its masterful use of the anamorphic technique alongside a rich display of Bharat’s cultural heritage
Exercise ‘SADA TANSEEQ’:
- The inaugural edition of the India-Saudi Arabia Joint Military Exercise ‘SADA TANSEEQ’ commenced at Mahajan, Rajasthan.
- The Exercise is scheduled to be conducted from 29th January to 10th February 2024.
NTPC Limited gets certified as a Top Employer 2024 in India by the Top Employers Institute:
- The 2024 Top Employers of the Top Employers Institute have been announced and NTPC Limited has been certified as a Top Employer in India by the institute.
Centre allows female employees to nominate son and daughter for family pension:
- In a path-breaking decision with far-reaching socio-economic impact, the Centre has allowed female employees to nominate their son or daughter for family pension, instead of her husband, according to an official statement issued.
India’s employable youth up from 33.9% in 2014 to 51.3% in 2024: DEA
- The Department of Economic Affairs, in its January 2024 review of the economy, said there is ample scope to mainstream skilling into education curriculum and upskilling a large chunk of the existing workforce into future-relevant skills on the back of a transformative journey in skill development in India in the last decade.
Indian boxer Mandeep Jangra wins Intercontinental Title in the U.S.:
- Indian boxer Mandeep Jangra won the U.S.-based National Boxing Association’s intercontinental super featherweight title after defeating American Gerardo Esquivel at Toppenish City, Washington.
Bhupender Yadav releases the Status Report of Snow Leopards in India:
- Union Minister of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change, Shri Bhupender Yadav, released a significant report on the status of Snow leopards in India.
Ek Samandar, Mere Andar,’ penned by BrahMos Aerospace Deputy CEO Sanjeev Joshi:
- Ek Samandar, Mere Andar,’ a collection of 75 poems penned by BrahMos Aerospace Deputy CEO Sanjeev Joshi, was launched in a prestigious event graced by top Indian defence and literary figures.