Today’s Current Affairs: 3rd Jan 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
RBI report finds debt fund AUM of ₹1.7-lakh crore in stress:
- The study conducted by the SEBI has revealed that ₹1.7-lakh crore of assets under the management of open-ended debt schemes of 17 mutual funds were under stress as of the September quarter
PM Modi inaugurates new terminal building at Tiruchirappalli Airport:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a new terminal building at Tiruchirappalli International Airport in Tamil Nadu.
- The new terminal building has been developed at a cost of more than Rs 1100 crore.
France, and Germany to provide 100 million euros finance for AMRUT Mission:
- France-based development agency AFD and Germany’s KfW Bank are in talks with India to provide financing of 100 million euros to fund the country’s urban infrastructure plan, AMRUT mission.
RBI issues guidelines on bank classification of unclaimed deposits:
- This move comes after RBI launched the “100 Days 100 Pays” campaign in June last year, under which banks must trace and settle the top 100 unclaimed deposits of every bank in every district.
India, Pakistan exchange list of nuclear installations under 1988 bilateral pact:
- This is the 33rd consecutive exchange of such lists between the two countries, the first one having taken place on January 1, 1992
GST collection in December rises 10% YoY to ₹1.65 lakh crore:
- Central and state governments collected ₹1,64,882 crore ( ₹1.65 trillion) in goods and services tax (GST) revenue in December, a notch below the average so far this year of ₹1.66 trillion per month, but still a 10.3% jump from a year ago.
Bharti Airtel Services to acquire 97.1% stake in Beetel Teletech:
- Bharti Airtel Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bharti Airtel, has agreed to the acquisition of 49.45 lakh shares or 97.1% stake in Beetel Teletech, another Bharti Group company.
Kia India names Gwanggu Lee as new MD, CEO:
- Kia India has appointed Gwanggu Lee as the new Managing Director and CEO with immediate effect.
- Lee succeeds Tae Jin Park, who retires after a 36-year journey with Kia Corporation including a four-year stint with Kia India.
Ola Electric Becomes First Indian EV Company To Get PLI Nod:
- Ola Electric has become the first e2W (electric two-wheeler) company to be certified under the scheme, which includes several other applicants such as Hero MotoCorp, TVS Motor Company, Bajaj Auto, etc.
India Unveils ‘National Single Window System’ by TCS to Simplify Medical Device Imports:
- The initiative aims to create a centralized platform for investors, enhancing the ease of doing business.
- The NSWS, developed by TCS through Invest India
IMF to Release $700 Million Bailout Tranche to Pakistan in January:
- Cash-strapped Pakistan is poised to receive a crucial $700 million bailout tranche from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) during the Executive Board meeting on January 11
Tata Pay Secures RBI Payment Aggregator License for E-commerce Transactions:
- This license positions Tata Pay among industry leaders such as Razorpay, Cashfree, and Google Pay, enabling it to efficiently handle ecommerce transactions within its subsidiary entities
Padma Bhushan Awardee Prof Ved Prakash Nanda Passes Away:
- Professor Ved Prakash Nanda, a luminary in the Indian diaspora, recently passed away, leaving behind a legacy of profound contributions to literature, education, and international law.
PM Modi Launches Projects Worth Rs 20,000 Crore In Tamil Nadu:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for a slew of development projects worth over Rs 20,000 crore in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu.