Today’s Current Affairs: 8th Feb 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
First patient declared ‘cancer-free’ using indigenous CAR-T Cell Therapy:
- CAR-T cell therapy, approved by India’s drug regulator in November 2023, has proven to be a life-saving treatment for patients battling cancer. Dr. (Col) V K Gupta, a Delhi-based gastroenterologist and former Indian Army officer, became the first patient to be declared “currently free of cancer cells” after undergoing the procedure at Tata Memorial Hospital on February 7.
HDFC Bank raises $300 million through maiden sustainable finance bond issue:
- HDFC Bank has raised $300 million through its first-ever sustainable finance bond issue.
- The fundraiser is part of an overall raise of $750 million through Regulation S Bonds.
Tata AIA Life appoints Venkatachalam H as MD and CEO:
- The board of Tata AIA Life Insurance has approved the appointment of President and Chief Distribution Officer Venkatachalam H as MD and CEO, subject to regulatory approval.
RBI Repo Rate unchanged at 6.5%:
- The six-member monetary policy committee (MPC) voted by 5:1 majority to keep the repo rate unchanged in its last meeting of the current financial year as retail inflation continues to be above its target of 4 percent.
ONGC, NTPC Green Energy Limited sign Joint Venture Agreement to focus on offshore wind energy projects:
- ONGC and NTPC Green Energy Limited (NGEL) have signed a Joint Venture Agreement (JVA) to focus on offshore wind energy projects. The agreement was signed at India Energy Week in Goa.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the second edition of India Energy Week 2024 in Goa on 6-9 February:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the second edition of India Energy Week 2024 in Goa.
- PM Modi emphasized India’s commitment to unprecedented levels of investment in the energy sector while addressing the gathering of global energy leaders.
Farooq Nazki, Poet and Sahitya Akademi winner dies at 83:
- Mir Mohammad Farooq Nazki, veteran broadcaster, poet, and Sahitya Akademi winner, passed away.
- Nazki held several important positions in All India Radio Kashmir and Doordarshan and in 1995, Nazki was awarded the Sahitya Academi award in Kashmiri for his poetry book Naar Hyutun Kanzal Wanas (Fire in the eyelashes).
LIC launches new plan Index Plus:
- Life Insurance Corporation of India announced the launch of unit-linked, regular premium, individual life insurance plan Index Plus.
- The plan offers life insurance cover-cum-savings throughout the term of the policy.
HDFC Bank, group companies get RBI nod to acquire up to 9.5% stake in six banks:
- HDFC Bank and its group companies have received RBI approval to acquire stakes in ICICI, Axis, IndusInd Bank, YES Bank, Bandhan Bank, and Suryoday SFB.
India Ranks 38th Out Of 139 Countries In The World Bank’s LPI Report 2023:
- India’s logistics performance has seen remarkable improvements, as indicated by its rank in the Logistics Performance Index (LPI) Report by the World Bank.
Dharmendra Pradhan Launched EdCIL Vidyanjali Scholarship Programme:
- The Education Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan, recently started the EdCIL Vidyanjali Scholarship Programme.
- This new program is all about making it easier for students who don’t have much money to get a good education
Naveen Tahilyani Appointed Tata Digital’s New CEO & MD:
Tata Digital has announced the appointment of Naveen Tahilyani as the new Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Tata Group’s e-commerce unit.