Today’s Current Affairs: 9th Feb 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
Cabinet approves telecom spectrum auctions at a base price of Rs 96,317.65 cr:
- All the available spectrum in 800, 900, 1800, 2100, 2300, 2500, 3300 megahertz, and 26 gigahertz bands will be put to auction
Rs 6,000 crore scheme for the formalization of the fisheries sector:
- The Union Cabinet approved a Rs 6,000 crore sub-scheme under the flagship Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) to formalize the largely unorganized fisheries sector in the country.
NPCI appoints Ajay Kumar Choudhary as non-executive chairman of the board:
- The National Payments Corporation of India announced the appointment of Ajay Kumar Choudhary as non-executive chairman of the Board and independent director for three years starting February 8, 2024.
Former PMs Chaudhary Charan Singh and PV Narasimha Rao, and Dr. MS Swaminathan are to be conferred with Bharat Ratna:
- The announcement comes days after 96-year-old BJP stalwart LK Advani and two-time Bihar chief minister and socialist icon Karpoori Thakur (posthumously) were conferred with the award
QCI and ONDC launch DigiReady Certification Portal for MSMEs:
- DRC portal aims to facilitate a streamlined seller journey, ensuring that MSMEs and small retailers can integrate seamlessly into existing digitized workflows
Pyarelal Sharma Honored with Lakshminarayana International Award:
- This honour was bestowed upon him as part of the Lakshminarayana Global Music Festival, acknowledging his invaluable contributions to the Indian music industry
Google Rebrands Its Chatbot, Bard, As Gemini:
- This move places Google in direct competition with its rival OpenAI, signaling a pivotal moment in the ongoing AI race.
2nd DNPA Conclave & Digital Impact Awards 2024:
- The second DNPA Conclave & Digital Impact Awards served as a pivotal platform for discussions on the revenue-sharing disparity between digital news publishers and major technology platforms. Key stakeholders, including the Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology
India’s First Indigenous 155mm Smart Ammunition:
- This groundbreaking collaboration underscores a concerted effort towards achieving indigenisation in the defence sector.