Today’s Current Affairs: 9th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
Tripura Becomes Fourth State To Implement E-Cabinet System:
- This move positions Tripura as the fourth Indian state, and the second in the Northeast region, to adopt an e-cabinet system after Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and Arunachal Pradesh.
Operation Al-Aqsa Flood:
- The Israel-Palestine conflict has escalated dramatically as Hamas, the armed Palestinian group, initiated “Operation Al-Aqsa Flood,” firing over 5,000 rockets into Israel.
SBI Foundation and Villgro Join Forces to Support Entrepreneurship:
- SBIF LEAP announced the Innovators for Bharat initiative to support high-impact incubators providing incubation/acceleration to startups working to address pressing development challenges in the country.
SBI, Indian Navy launch NAV-eCash card:
- SBI and Indian Navy launched SBI’s NAV-eCash card onboard the country’s largest aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya
- The card will obviate the difficulties faced by personnel onboard in handling physical cash during deployment of ship at high seas
India Signs Two MoUs on Ocean Sciences, Medical Product Regulation with Dominican Republic
- The 2 MoUs were signed between,
- Central Drug Control Organization of India (CDSCO) and the General Directorate of Medicines, Food, and Health Products of the Dominican Republic (DIGEMAPS).
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, National Institute of Oceanography of India (CSIR–NIO) and the National Authority for Maritime Affairs of the Dominican Republic (ANAMAR).
RBI’s 4th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy for FY24:
- The RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das-led Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting on October 4-6, 2023, decided to keep the rates and stance unchanged.
- For the 4th time in a row, the MPC has opted to keep the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) unchanged at 6.50%.
ADB Approves USD 200 Million for Flood & Riverbank Erosion Risk Management Project in Assam:
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a USD 200 million loan to strengthen flood and riverbank erosion risk management along the 650-kilometer (km) long main stem of the Brahmaputra River in Assam, India.
- The Project activities will be led, managed, and coordinated by the Flood and River Erosion Management Agency of the Assam Government.
REC Launches ‘SUGAM REC’, a Mobile App for 54EC Bonds Investors:
- REC Limited (formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited) launched SUGAM REC, a mobile app for its current and future investors in REC’s 54EC Capital Gain Tax Exemption Bonds.
India’s Fiscal Deficit Rises to Rs 6.42 trillion to Reach 36% of FY24 target:
- According to Controller General of Accounts(CGA), India’s fiscal deficit for the tenure April to August of the financial year 2023-24 (FY24) is at Rs 6.42 trillion.
- This is 36% of the full-year target of Rs 17.87 trillion.
Nobel Prize in Literature 2023:
- Jon Olav Fosse of Norway was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature 2023 “for his innovative plays and prose which give voice to the unsayable”. Fosse is the 4th Norwegian writer to win the Nobel Prize in Literature.
India re-elected as President of AIBD General Conference for 3rd term:
- India has been re-elected as President of the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) General Conference (GC) for the 3rd successive term. Previously India served as President of AIBD GC in 2018-2021 and 2021 to 2023.
- Mayank Kumar Agrawal, Director General, Doordarshan is the president of AIBD GC.
ICCR & SPPU Partnered to Launch UTIKS, an Online Portal to Promote Indian Culture Worldwide:
- The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in partnership with Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), formerly known as the University of Pune, in Maharashtra organised the soft launch of an online platform “Universalisation of Traditional Indian Knowledge System (UTIKS) Portal” at Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, Karnataka.
Badis limaakumi: New Species of Badis Fish Discoverd from Nagaland:
- The new species is named after Limaakum, assistant professor and head of the zoology department at Fazl Ali College, Nagaland.
- Badis is a species of Asian freshwater fish in the family Badidae, order Perciformes and class Teleostei.
- Fish of Badis genus are also known as chameleon fish for their ability to change colour.
World Cotton Day 2023:
- The United Nations (UN)’s World Cotton Day (WCD) is annually observed across the globe on 7th October to highlight the role of cotton in creating jobs and maintaining economic stability in cotton-producing countries, particularly in least-developed countries (LDCs).
- The theme of World Cotton Day 2023 is “Making cotton fair and sustainable for all, from farm to fashion”.