11th Session Of The India-Belarus Inter-Governmental Commission:
The 11th Session of the India-Belarus Inter-Governmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technological and Cultural Cooperation was held.
Highlights of the Session:
- The Intergovernmental Commission reviewed the results of bilateral cooperation that took place after the tenth session of the Commission in 2020.
- While expressing satisfaction at the progress made in regard to some projects, the Commission also directed concerned Ministries and Departments to focus on key sectors in the trade & investment spheres to finalise concrete outcomes.
- India and Belarus reiterated their strong desire to further broaden their cooperation with emphasis on key sectors such as pharmaceuticals, financial services, science and technology, heavy industries, culture, tourism, and education.
- The two ministers directed their respective business communities to engage with each other in these sectors to further mutually beneficial cooperation.
- The two sides agreed to promote cooperation among various states in India and regions in Belarus, especially in focus areas.