20th Anniversary Of SWAGAT Initiative:
PM Modi is to attend the 20th anniversary of SWAGAT initiative in Gujarat via video conferencing soon.
- State Wide Attention on Grievances by Application of Technology (SWAGAT) initiative of the Government of Gujarat was started in 2003.
- It is an innovative concept that enables direct communication between the citizens and the Chief Minister, as also between the citizens and other functionaries of the Government.
- The fourth Thursday of every month is designated as SWAGAT day, wherein the highest office in administration attends to the grievances of the common man.
- There is a three-tier grievance redressal system under SWAGAT – at State, District andTaluka levels.
- It is now extended to the village level also.
- Grievances submitted at the taluka and district levels are first resolved by the authorities at the respective levels and, thereafter, all pending grievances are reviewed by the Chief Minister himself.
- An applicant under SWAGAT is given a unique ID through which he/she can access the case details and status online.
- The focus in SWAGAT is primarily on the long pending issues.
- SWAGAT program up to the village level, named as GRAM SWAGAT, was launched on 1st February 2011.
- SWAGAT Online program going rural has helped the rural people living even in the remotest corner of the state to get their problems solved quickly.