38th Meeting Of The Joint River Commission (JRC):
India and Bangladesh discussed a wide range of issues related to the major common rivers such as the Ganga, Teesta and several smaller rivers during the 38th meeting of the Joint River Commission (JRC).
- JRC finalized the text of the MoU on Interim Water Sharing of Kushiyara river.
- Finalization of the design and location of water intake point on Feni river to meet drinking water needs of Sabroom town in Tripura.
- The two sides also discussed:
- Exchange of flood-related data and information
- River-bank protection works
- Common basin management
- The River Interlinking Project of India.
- Ganges water sharing treaty: Both sides agreed to conduct the feasibility study for optimum utilization of water received by Bangladesh under the provision of the Ganges Water Sharing Treaty, 1996.