4th Positive Indigenisation List For Defence Public Sector Undertakings:
Defence Ministry approves 4th Positive Indigenisation List for Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSU).
- Continuing the efforts to minimise imports by DPSU, Defence Ministry has approved the 4th Positive Indigenisation List (PIL) of 928 strategically-important Line Replacement Units (LRUs), sub-systems, spares and components etc with import substitution value worth ₹715 crore.
- This fourth list is in continuation to the previous three PILs, involving LRUs, sub-systems, assemblies, sub-assemblies, spares and components, which were published in December 2021, March 2022 and August 2022, respectively.
- The positive indigenisation list essentially lists items that the armed forces — Army, Navy, and Air Force will procure only from domestic manufacturers.
- These manufacturers could be from the private sector or Defense Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs).
- The Government has introduced a comprehensive revamped ‘Make and Innovation’ procedure to reduce dependency on arms and promote indigenous manufacturing of defence equipment.
- The ‘Make and Innovation’ procedure has been introduced in DAP-20 to facilitate indigenous design and development of defence equipment through private participation with both government funding and industry funding.