7th Annual Meeting Of The Board Of Governors Of AIIB:
Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman recently attended the 7th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of AIIB via video conference.
- The theme of this year’s Annual Meeting was “Sustainable Infrastructure Toward a Connected World”.
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank is a multilateral development bank that aims to improve economic and social outcomes in Asia.
- Headquarters: Beijing, China.
- All powers of the Bank are vested in our Board of Governors, which is the highest decision-making body under our Articles of Agreement.
- AIIB has 105 members. China is the AIIB’s largest shareholder with a 26.5% voting share.
- India is the second-largest, with 7.5%, followed by Russia, which has a 5.97% voting share.
- India is a Founding Member of AIIB. India also has the largest project portfolio within AIIB.