Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM):
The National Health Authority (NHA) under its flagship scheme of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) announced integration with health App – Aarogya Setu.
- This integration takes the benefits of 14-digit unique Ayushman Bharat Health Account-ABHA number to the Aarogya Setu user base and beyond.
- Under the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission, a user can generate their unique ABHA number.
- They can use this ABHA number to link their existing and new medical records including doctor prescriptions, lab reports, and hospital records.
- They can also share these records with registered health professionals and health service providers and also access other digital health services while maintaining a common pool of medical history.
- The user can generate their ABHA number using their Aadhaar number and some basic demographic details like Name, Date of Birth, Gender, and address. If the user does not wish to use their Aadhaar, they can use their Driving License or Mobile Number to generate the ABHA number.
- With the integration of Aarogya Setu with ABDM, we will now be able to make the benefits of ABDM available to the users of Aarogya Setu and enable them to join the digital health ecosystem, with their due consent.