Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission: Budgetary Allocation:
The Union Cabinet has approved the countrywide implementation of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) with the budgetary allocation of Rs 1,600 crore for five years.
- Under the mission, citizens will be able to create their Ayushman Bharat health account numbers, to which their digital health records can be linked.
- Ayushman Bharat is a flagship scheme of India which was launched as recommended by the National Health Policy 2017, to achieve the vision of Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission”
- It was launched in September 2021 by the Prime Minister through a video conference.
- It aims to provide digital health IDs for all Indian citizens to help hospitals, insurance firms, and citizens access health records electronically when required.
- The pilot project of the Mission had been announced by the Prime Minister from the ramparts of the Red Fort on 15th August 2020.
- The project is being implemented in the pilot phase in six States & Union Territories.
- The National Health Authority (NHA) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will be the implementing Agency.