Bhasha Certificate Selfie:
The Ministry of Education launched a campaign ‘Bhasha Certificate Selfie under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat (EBSB).
- In 2021, the Ministry of Education launched the Bhasha Sangam initiative under EBSB.
- It was launched to encourage cultural diversity and promote multilingualism and to foster the spirit EBSB.
- It aims to promote the Bhasha Sangam mobile app, developed by the Ministry of Education and MyGov India.
- Bhasha Sangam mobile app was launched on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas 2021 (31st October).
- It aims to ensure that people acquire basic conversational skills in Indian languages. To achieve this, a target of 75 lakh people acquiring basic conversational skills has been set.
- The ‘Bhasha Certificate Selfie’ initiative is encouraging people to upload their selfie with the certificate from their social media accounts.
Bhasha Sangam Initiative:
- It is an initiative to teach basic sentences of everyday usage in 22 Indian languages (Eighth Schedule languages).
- It is developed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- The idea is that people should acquire basic conversational skills in an Indian language other than their mother tongue.
- It is available on DIKSHA, ePathshala and through 22 booklets.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Initiative:
- It was launched in 2015 to promote engagement amongst the people of different States/UTs so as to enhance mutual understanding and bonding between people of diverse cultures, thereby securing stronger unity and integrity of India.
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Education.
- Every State and UT in the country would be paired with another State/UT for a time period, during which they would carry out a structured engagement with one another in the spheres of language, literature, cuisine, festivals, cultural events, tourism etc.