Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh said that Northeast will be developed as India’s Bio-Economic Hub.
- The Eastern Himalayan Region is one of the mega-biodiversity rich zones and is among the 34 biodiversity Hotspots of the world.
- There is a need to put these invaluable genetic resources to use for the economic growth of the region through biotechnological interventions.
- He was speaking after visit to the Institute of Bio-resources and Sustainable Development in Imphal.
- Dr Jitendra Singh said, due to consistent and renewed focus of NDA Government, India will be recognized as a Global Bio-manufacturing Hub by 2025 and will figure among the top 5 countries of the world.
- He said, India’s Bio-Economy is on its way to achieve 150-billion-dollar target from the current 70 billion-dollar by 2025 and will contribute effectively to vision of a 5 trillion-dollar economy by 2024-25.