City Finance Rankings 2022:
The Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry launched the ‘City Finance Rankings 2022’ under which urban local bodies in the country will be evaluated on the basis of their financial health.
City Finance Rankings 2022:-
- It is conducted by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs .
- It aims to evaluate, recognise, and reward urban local bodies on the basis of their strength across key financial parameters.
- It aim to motivate city and state officials and decision makers, to implement municipal finance reforms.
- The participating urban local bodies will be evaluated on 15 indicators across three key municipal finance assessment parameters like:-
- Resource mobilisation
- Expenditure performance and
- Fiscal governance.
- The evaluation will be done on the basis of the quality of current financial health and improvement with time in financial performance.
- Top 3 cities in each population category will be rewarded.