Data On Daily Wage Payments In India : RBI
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released data on daily wage payments in India.
- In Madhya Pradesh (MP), male agricultural workers in rural areas got a daily wage of just Rs 217.8 while in Gujarat, it worked out to Rs 220.3 in the year ended March 2022.
- Daily wages in both the states are below the national average of Rs 323.2.
- Kerala leads in highly paid agricultural workers with an average wage of Rs 726.8 per worker.
- The high wages in Kerala have attracted farm workers from other poorly paid states with around 25 lakh migrant workers reportedly living in the state.
- In Jammu & Kashmir, farm workers get an average wage of Rs 524.6, Himachal Pradesh Rs 457.6, and Tamil Nadu Rs 445.6 per person.
- In the case of male non-agricultural workers, the lowest wage was in MP with an average wage of Rs 230.3 while Gujarat workers got a daily wage of Rs 252.5 and Tripura Rs 250 — all below the national average of Rs 326.6.
- Kerala again leads in non-agricultural workers’ wages with Rs 681.8 wage per person.
- Kerala was followed by J&K, Tamil Nadu and Haryana for the year ended March 2022.
- Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh are again below the national average of Rs 373.3 in the case of rural male construction workers.
- Gujarat rural construction workers got an average wage of Rs 295.9, MP Rs 266.7 and Tripura Rs 250.
- Daily wage for rural construction workers was Rs 837.7 in Kerala, Rs 519.8 in J&K, Rs 478.6 in Tamil Nadu and Rs 462.7 in Himachal Pradesh.