Dhara Initiative : Completed One Year
The Dhara initiative taken up under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav by the Ministry of Culture has been completed one year.
- Dhara initiative has been successful in creating public awareness, and stakeholder participation and helped to devise a framework for the promotion and revival of multiple domains of Indian Knowledge Systems.
- The programme was conceptualized as a series of lectures and discussions dedicated to specific areas of inquiry highlighting India’s civilizational achievements.
- The Indian Knowledge Systems (IKS) Division of the Ministry of Education located at AICTE, New Delhi is the key execution partner for Dhara events.
- Many conferences have taken place on diverse and distinct themes titled: Indian contribution to Mathematics, Indian National Calendar, Dhara Astronomy and Astrophysics etc.
- The next conferences planned in the series are based on the metallurgical, agricultural and ancient economic thoughts and traditions of India.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Culture