Lalbazar is becoming a hub for the famous dokra metalcraft.
- Two places are famous in West Bengal for dokra work — Bikna in Bankura and Dariyapur in Bardhaman.
- Dokra is an ancient tradition; its documented history is about 5,000 years
- Dhokra (also spelt Dokra) is non–ferrous metal casting using the lost-wax casting technique. This sort of metal casting has been in use in India for 4,000 years.
- The product of dhokra artisans is in great demand in domestic and foreign markets because of its primitive simplicity, enchanting folk motifs and forceful form.
- Dhokra horses, elephants, peacocks, owls, religious images, measuring bowls, lamp caskets etc., are highly appreciated.