The Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) launched the MPLADS e-SAKSHI Mobile Application.
- e-SAKSHI Application was launched for revised fund flow procedure under Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLAD) Scheme.
- It will bring forth a myriad of benefits, revolutionising the way Members of Parliament engage with and manage development projects in their constituencies.
- It would offer convenience and accessibility, allowing MPs to propose, track, and oversee the projects at their fingertips.
- This real-time access enhances decision-making processes, enabling swift responses to emerging needs or issues.
- The application will streamline the communication between MPs and relevant authorities, facilitating a more efficient exchange of information.
- It will promote transparency by providing MPs with instant updates on the status and progress of their proposed projects.
- It has the features for budget management, ensuring MPs can monitor expenditures.
- It was first introduced in 1993.
- The Scheme is fully funded by the Government of India under which funds are released in the form of grants-in-aid directly to the district authorities.
- The funds released under the Scheme are non-lapsable,e., the entitlement of funds not released in a particular year is carried forward to the subsequent years, subject to eligibility.