Eat Right Campus:
In a first-of-its-kind initiative, four police stations in the national capital’s New Delhi district have been designated as ‘Eat Right Campus’ by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) for providing nutritious and wholesome meals daily to police personnel at their canteens and mess.
- The four police stations, the first in the country which have met the benchmark for FSSAI’s five-star category certificate, are Barakhamba Road Police Station, Tilak Marg Police Station, Connaught Place Police Station and Mandir Marg Police Station.
- The scheme is already in place since 2017 in several government institutions including colleges and hostels.
- Eat Right India is a flagship mission of FSSAI, a statutory body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- The mission aims at ensuring that citizens of the country are provided nutritious meals which help in reducing the burden of various lifestyle-related diseases.
- Delhi government’s Department of Food Safety, which is the implementing body of the initiative in the capital, has launched a programme called ‘Sehatmand Delhi’ under which places that can be designated as ‘Eat Right Campus’ are identified.