EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program:
The United States Department of State recently released data that indicates significant progress in the processing of EB-5 applications that are currently pending, especially those from Indian citizens.
- The EB-5 (employment-based, 5th preference), or US golden visa, provides a special road for overseas investors and their families to seek permanent residency and Green Cards in the United States.
- It is administered by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- It was created in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors.
- Under this program, investors (and their spouses and unmarried children under 21) are eligible to apply for lawful permanent residence (become a Green Card holder) if they:
- Make the necessary investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States, and
- Plan to create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.