eGCA (e-Governance in Directorate General of Civil Aviation):
Jyotiraditya M. Scindia, Union Minster of Civil Aviation dedicated eGCA, the e-governance platform in Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) to the nation.
- DGCA has implemented its e-governance platform eGCA.
- The project has been aimed at automation of the processes and functions of DGCA, with 99 services covering about 70% of the DGCA work being implemented in the initial phases, and 198 services to be covered in other phases.
- This Single window platform will bring in bring in monumental change- eliminating operational inefficiencies, minimizing personal interaction, improving regulatory reporting, enhancing transparency and increasing productivity.
- Directorate General of Civil Aviation is an attached office of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation is the regulatory body in the field of Civil Aviation primarily dealing with safety issues.
- The headquarters are located in New Delhi.