Employees Provident Fund Organisation : Employee Rating Survey
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) have jointly launched the Employer Rating Survey to assess and encourage employers’ support for increasing women’s participation in the workforce.
- The employer rating survey was launched at an event “Women in the Workforce for Viksit Bharat” by the EPFO (Ministry of Labour and Employment) and the MoWCD.
- The survey’s data and feedback from female employees aim to offer valuable insights for informed policymaking on women’s workforce participation.
- The primary objective of the survey is to evaluate and rate employers based on their commitment and support for women’s participation in the workforce.
- This involves assessing the measures and facilities provided by employers to create an environment conducive to women’s employment.
- The survey involves rating employers based on their support for women’s participation in the workforce.
- It serves as a tool to gauge the progress and efforts of employers in creating an inclusive work environment.
- The survey has a detailed questionnaire seeking organisation details, including whether the company provides an Internal Complaints Committee for addressing Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) formalities, crèche facilities for children, and transportation facilities during late hours.
- The EPFO has distributed the questionnaire to its approximately 300 million customers nationwide, making it a comprehensive effort to gather data on a large scale.
- The survey has also sought answers on whether there is ‘equal pay for equal work’ for male and female workers along with a query on the availability of flexible or remote working hours for women.