The 2023 edition of the Annual Joint HADR Exercise, CHAKRAVAT, is being hosted by the Indian Navy at Goa from 09 to 11 Oct 23.
- Exercise CHAKRAVAT is an Annual Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief HADR Exercise (AJHE)
- Since its first edition in 2015, the Annual Joint HADR Exercise, CHAKRAVAT has transformed itself into a multi-agency endeavour.
- It involves participation of all three Services, Paramilitary Forces, as well as several disaster response organisations, NGOs, academic institutions and international organisations.
- The 2023 edition would further synergise efforts at the national level among all stakeholders, as well as witness participation from eight countries of the Indian Ocean Region.
- The exercise has been conducted by the Indian Army, Indian Navy (IN) and Indian Air Force (IAF) in rotation since 2016.
- The 2023 edition of the exercise is being hosted by the Indian Navy at Goa.
- The exercise will witness participation from various national agencies namely, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), National Institute for Disaster Management (NIDM), Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Coast Guard, Indian Metrological Department (IMD) and other organizations.