Exercise Cyclone-I : Indo-Egypt Joint Training Exercise
The Indian and the Egyptian Armies are to conduct the first-ever joint exercise Cyclone-I. It is to be held in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan for 14 days.
- The exercise is the first of its kind as it brings the special forces of the countries to a common platform.
- Cyclone-I would help the armies exchange their culture and ethos.
- The exercise is to honor the professional skills of the armies.
- It will focus on skills necessary to fight in desert terrain undertaking reconnaissance, counter-terrorism, and other special operations.
- The armies will share their experience, professional knowledge, and tactics
- The exercise aims to build trust between the countries
- 30-40 special forces are participating in the exercise
- The armies will engage and get trained in combat free fall, sniping, surveillance, etc