Exercise Vajra Prahar 2023:
The Indo-US Joint Special Forces exercise “VAJRA PRAHAR 2023” commenced at the Joint Training Node, Umroi, Meghalaya.
- VAJRA PRAHAR is a joint exercise conducted between the Indian Army and the US Army Special Forces.
- It aims at sharing best practises and experiences in areas such as joint mission planning and operational tactics.
- It is the 14th Edition of the Indo-US Joint Special Forces exercise “VAJRA PRAHAR 2023,” which commenced at the Joint Training Node, Umroi
- The US contingent is represented by personnel from the 1st Special Forces Group (SFG) of the US Special Forces. The Indian Army contingent is led by Special Forces personnel from the Eastern Command.
- The first edition was conducted in 2010 in India, and the 13th edition of the Indo-US Joint Special Forces exercise was conducted at the Special Forces Training School (SFTS), Bakloh (HP).
- The current edition is being conducted in Umroi Cantonment, Meghalaya from 21st November to 11th December 2023.
- It is also a platform to enhance inter-operability and strengthen defence cooperation between the armies of India and the United States of America.