Fit India Mobile App On National Sports Day:
Sports Minister Shri Anurag Singh Thakur launched the Fit India Mobile App on National Sports Day.
- The Fit India App is free and available in English & Hindi on both the Android and the iOS platforms.
- The Fit India Movement was launched on 29th August 2019 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the vision of making India a Fit and Healthy Nation.
- Over the past two years, the Fit India Movement has reached millions of people across the country through its various fitness campaigns such as Fit India School Week, Fit India Freedom Run, Fit India Cyclothon and many others.
- Currently, the Fit India Movement is also conducting Fit India Freedom Run 2.0 in celebration of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence.
National Sports day:
- It is observed on 29 August every year to commemorate the birthday of Indian hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand.
- Born on 29 August 1905 in present-day Prayagraj, UP, Major Dhyan Chand was the captain of the Gold medal-winning Indian hockey team at the Berlin Olympics in 1936