GI Tag To Three Famous Products : Tamil Nadu
The Geographical Indications Registry granted the GI tag to three famous products from Tamil Nadu.
- Clay sticks with white colour, finger-like shape, and smooth texture.
- Made by Jaderi Tiruman (Namakatti)
- Handloom saree made from art silk and cotton mix fabric, featuring the iconic “plant and flower” motif on the border and pallu.
- Woven by skilled Sowrashtra weavers.
- Veeravanallur town, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu
Kanniyakumari Matti banana:
- Traditional table banana with medicinal value, highly fragrant, sweet with a sub-acid flavour, and powdery nature.
- Kanniyakumari district, Tamil Nadu