Global River Cities Alliance: COP28
The Global River Cities Alliance (GRCA), initiated by the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India, was officially launched at COP28, the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Dubai.
- This alliance brings together countries, river-cities, international funding agencies, and knowledge management partners to enhance the existing River Cities Alliance (RCA) formed by NMCG in collaboration with the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) in 2021.
- The GRCA is a unique platform for knowledge exchange, river-city twinning, and the dissemination of best practices.
- The platform aims to foster shared expertise and provide opportunities for global funding agencies to engage with river cities.
- GRCA stands out as a unique alliance covering 275+ global river-cities across 11 countries
- The event also witnessed the presence of multilateral institutions such as The World Bank, Asian Development Bank, and Asian Infrastructure and Investment Bank, all expressing their full support for the initiative.