Global Summit On Traditional Medicine:
The World Health Organization (WHO), in collaboration with the Ministry of Ayush, is organizing a unique global summit on Traditional Medicine.
- This unprecedented event will bring together experts, practitioners, and dignitaries to explore the latest scientific advancements and evidence-based knowledge in the field of traditional medicine.
- This summit highlights the strides India has made in blending traditional practices with contemporary approaches, ultimately showing a path toward achieving universal health coverage through traditional medicine system
- The summit will also feature an exhibition showcasing traditional medicine systems from around the world, including the Ministry of Ayush’s contributions.
- This exhibition will spotlight the relationship between Traditional Medicine and the natural environment and demonstrate scientific and technological advancements led by various WHO regional centres and the Ministry of Ayush.
- The summit signifies a significant step in the realm of traditional medicine, especially following the establishment of the WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicine in 2022 with the support of the Indian Government.
- This collaborative initiative will play a pivotal role in shaping global health policies related to traditional medicine research, practices, and public health.