Gudavi Bird Sanctuary : Sudden Deaths Of Several Birds
The sudden deaths of several birds at Gudavi Bird Sanctuary in Shivamogga district of Karnataka has left the officers of the Forest Department in worry
- Gudavi Bird Sanctuary is one of the renowned Bird Sanctuaries in Karnataka.
- It is located on Gudavi Lake banks.
- It is engulfed with natural beauty and rich biodiversity, attracting tourists from different parts of the world.
- The Bird Sanctuary prides itself on being the home of more than 217 bird species, including residential and migratory birds like Grey Heron, Little Cormorant, Little Grebe, White Ibis and White-Headed Crane.
- It is covered by moist deciduous forest species interspersed with grassy patches.
- This wetland vegetation comprises marshy plants, and microphyte biota