Guidelines For Coaching Centre:
The Ministry of Education has sent to states/UTs for consideration guidelines for coaching centres.
Key features of the Guidelines:
- Registration of Coaching Center Prior registration is required for maintaining a coaching centre. Existing centres must apply within three months.
- For States States/UTs were urged to Develop an Online Registration Portal for Coaching Centers
- For Coaching Centers Fee and Infrastructure Centres can charge fair fees, provide receipts, mention courses, and duration, and maintain basic infrastructure.
- Fee Refund Clause Refund the remaining fee within 10 days if a student leaves the course midway after paying the entire fee.
- Allocate a minimum of one square meter per student, comply with fire safety, and limit study hours.
- Class schedules should not overlap with regular school hours.
- Mandatory weekly offs for both students and tutors.
- Maintain sizes for a healthy teacher-student ratio.
- No coaching centre shall engage tutors having less qualification than graduation.
- No coaching centre shall make misleading promises or guarantee of rank or good marks to parents/students for enrolling them in the coaching centre
- Penalty for Violations First offence: ₹25,000; Second Offence: ₹1 lakh; Repeated Breaches: Revocation of Registration.
- Establish committees for complaint redressal, avoid undue pressure, and provide assistance to students in distress.
- Remedial classes, spaced-out curriculum, weekly offs, no tests/exams after weekly offs, festival leaves, limited daily class hours, appropriate timing, co-curricular activities, counselling sessions, and non-publication of assessment results.