Hackathon : Innovation In Coal Sector
The Ministry of Coal organized a Hackathon through CMPDI to boost innovation in the coal and lignite sector, aligning with the “Make in India” initiative.
- The event aimed to engage startups, research organizations, and academic institutions to address five key problem statements: payload monitoring of loading equipment, dust suppression optimization, 5G application for coal industry, crack propagation detection, and efficient coal grade monitoring.
- The event gained significant traction with 34 proposals received on the problem statements.
- The selection process involves online presentations judged by subject experts from various prestigious institutions.
- Top three proposals per problem statement will be honored at an event in CMPDI, Ranchi.
- This initiative underscores the Ministry’s dedication to fostering startup culture and technological innovation, highlighting the sector’s potential for growth through collaboration and advancement.
- The Ministry of Coal initiated the Hackathon to encourage innovation in the coal and lignite sector as part of the “Make in India” campaign.
- It aimed to engage startups, research organizations, and academic institutions to develop solutions for pressing challenges faced by the industry.