India- South Korea Trade Talks:
Minister for Trade of South Korea, Yeo Han-Koo met with Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal in New Delhi.
- Both the Ministers held wide-ranging discussions covering the whole gamut of Bilateral Trade and Investment related aspects.
- The Ministers agreed to impart fresh momentum to the discussions on Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement up-gradation negotiations.
- India and Korea aim to achieve the trade target of 50 Billion dollars before 2030.
- They agreed to address difficulties expressed by industry from both sides and instructed their respective negotiating teams to meet on a regular basis in order to conclude the CEPA up-gradation negotiations as soon as possible.
- The Ministers agreed to boost bilateral trade between India and Korea to achieve growth in a fair and balanced manner to the mutual advantage of both sides.